The Dewey Decimal System of Shindigs
Photos by Avery Schuyler Nunn
The card catalog had the night off, but there were books, drinks, intense games of pool, good people and more good people with more drinks. The occasion marked the launch of the Library on Bleecker, this new place that is not a shop we have opened with our friends at CADDIS. Again it’s not a shop. It’s more like a library with drinks and a fireplace and a pool table.
Last Friday night, standard library rules did not apply for the launch party. For example:
- Beverages from our friends at Montauk Brew Co., JuneShine Hared Kombucha, Tequila Don Julio, JUST Water and Lieb Cellars wines were probably not left on coasters
- Inside voices turned to outside voices
- Someone may or may not have slept in the Library
- Dogs were very much allowed
- Sail Away Cold Brew cocktails flowed
That being said, The Library on Bleecker isn’t your standard library.
Blurred vision (from overwork and advanced age, not inebriation) turned clear with the help of CADDIS readers. Books that you can read with your eyes almost out-numbered a crowd of both new and old friends.
And, please, whoever “borrowed” a couple of copies from our erotic books section, your books are overdue. We’ll look the other way on the fines if you tuck them back in where you found them.