I’ve been rocking the forest green Chevy Astro since 1998. Originally used for my family road trips growing up, I’ve been continuing the mission and care to present day—traveling from NY up/down the entire eastern seaboard, not limited to Vermont winters for snowboarding trips and long days on the beach for surf trips.
Ultimately it’s the best source of transit for getting any job/adventure done, and doubles as the best changing room for winter surf—heat cranked to 11, while y’all stay freezin’. Anyone who knows me, knows the van.
Below is a little rundown of what makes this gorgeous old thang dance + some van life essentials and trip-worthy places for fall this year.
- 1998 Chevy Astro Van
- Forest green paint
- VHS system
- Automatic windows
- Cassette player
- All leather seat
- Brand new pair of rims
VAN LIFE ESSENTIALS
- Mom’s Homemade First Aid Kit
- Cigarette lighter to 3 prong electrical convertor (if that’s what it’s called)
- 1979 Yamaha Amp
- Blankets & pillows
- Good beer (preferably Montauk Brew Co.) & wine (rosé) for the ladies
- Cooler for snacks & killer chippies
- Water, water, water
- Towels, skateboards & sunblock
- Ren & Stimpy VHS for romantic entertainment
- Electric stove (steak & eggs special)
TRIPS WORTH TAKING THIS FALL
- Montauk (duh)
- Block Island
- Cottage Country in Canada
- Lower East Side
- Borrowing a Van for International Travel Pleasures
Keep up with Liam + his fall travels via his Instagram.