Nothing embodies the spirit of summer quite like The Clam Bar. Shorts and sunglasses are required dress at this no frills seafood shack. The popular spot on The Stretch is strictly for fair weather fun and consists of no more than a hut housing a kitchen with a snack bar and picnic tables for outdoor dining only.
Even the swankiest celebs can’t resist chilling out and kicking back. Here’s a tribute to some of our favorite A-listers who managed to pay proper unpretentious homage to the place that’s simply been serving up the catch-of the day for over 30-years. So let’s look back and remember that time…
- In July 2013 when…Gwyenth Paltrow, the queen of clean eating, stepped off her high horse and was caught grubbing on fried clams and fried shrimp.
- In May 2013 when…Martha Stewart pulled up in a GMC Truck with a cast of characters that could easily pass for Jersey Shore look-a-likes cause she was craving the fish and chips.
- In August 2012 when…Rufus Wainwright married longtime partner Jorn Weisbrodt, after their Montauk nuptials held their wedding party at this seaside shack – kudos for picking this place over The Plaza gentlemen!
- In July 2008 when…Mary-Kate Olsen and friends didn’t let the rain get between them and their lobster roll craving. They sacrificed their lovely locks for these bad boys – we appreciate your priorities ladies.
- In July 2004 when…Jimmy Buffet stopped by for a three-course meal of Manhattan clam chowder, a lobster roll and some key lime pie (we really hope he found his lost shaker of salt…).
Added bonus – it’s the one place the Kardashians didn’t go when they were filming Out East…so you know it’s got some serious chops!