While summer has technically come to an end, our desire for tasty, stomach-warming vices has yet to show any sign of exhaustion. That in mind, Sweet’tauk sent over a recipe they’ve been mastering over the past few years, for us to test run. And it seems fitting that this welcome delivery from our favorite lemonade company—a highly drinkable beverage known as the “Calm Before the Storm”—makes its debut as we transition into hurricane season.
Check out Deb’s recipe for the damn thang, below. And maybe even send us an email or two, post-consumption, letting us know how it drives. Cheers.
- 4oz Sweet’tauk Ginger lemonade
- 2oz Goslings Rum or Kraken Black Spiced Rum
- 4 tsp. Limoncello (4 tsp is 2/3 an ounce)
- 3 dashes of Bitters — I used Angostura, but if you want to get fancy, try Hella Bitters ginger/lemon
- Pour ginger lemonade over ice in a tall Collins glass.
- Add the rum gently to layer on top. Include the Limoncello and a few dashes of bitters.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel and a sprig of thyme.
- If desired, I suggest a pinch of sea salt to further cut the sweetness.
- Miss the fizz? Add a splash of club soda.
Keep up with Sweet’tauk on their Instagram + website. Also, while their storefront in Montauk is now closed, you can pick up bottles at AWOW: Montauk this weekend, or in your local Whole Foods Markets, Eataly, Gourmet Garage, and other fine markets.