Could you tell the world’s most amazing VP of Sales to call us? We would like to talk to that person. This successful individual knows a pretty good thing when they see it, appreciates culture, and is a self-starter. This person is comfortable representing Whalebone to brands and the agencies they work with and is an all around badass team member. Exceptional benefits, mandatory surf (or beach) meetings, generous sales incentives, and the chance to be part of an innovative and dynamic company during its early stages of growth. We don’t suck and anticipate staying that way in the foreseeable future.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Don’t Suck
- Manages and direct sales team to achieve sales and profit goals within Whalebone.
- Consult, educate, strategize, and successfully sell Whalebone advertising/marketing programs through a high volume of sales calls – strong communication and tenacity
- Represent Whalebone in all major contracts and own critical long-term relationships
- Become an expert in Whalebone’s advertising solutions, and adapt product recommendations quickly to suit client needs – asking probing questions and handling objections will be critical to your success
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales goals and prepare a monthly sales report highlighting numbers/growth, and key learnings – including perhaps the onboarding/consistent management of CRM platform
- Build and maintain new and existing client relationships with brands and their respective agencies
- Manage incoming inquiries that are sales related
- Support the team’s ability to achieve weekly/monthly/quarterly sales goals
- Continue to review Whalebone’s offerings, positioning and packages to ensure we stay current with the changing media landscape and our dedication to submerssive media
- Work with creative and business development team on sales campaigns, direction and timing to hit the required sales goals each month
- Maintain the Whalebone brand and vision
- Adequate swimming abilities
- Minimum of 5+ years of proven experience in print, experiential, and digital media sales or similar
- Strong understanding of the media landscape and command of these advertising spaces.
- Existing network of contacts and working relationships with a wide range of relevant brands
- Experience researching and implementing new sales tools to aid the workflow of high-performing sales and account management teams
- A passion for Whalebone’s content staples: Travel, Music, Surfing, Food, Art, Lifestyle, Photography, and Film, as well as a general hunger for cool things
- An organized approach to daily tasks, considering work will sometimes be done from wherever you see fit, either in Montauk, NYC, or Bali
- Based in NYC with the ability to travel if required
If this sounds like you, shoot us a note with “Catch Me If You Can” in the subject line and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to high-fiving some day.