Could you tell the world’s most amazing business development person to call us?
We would like to talk to that person. This successful individual knows a pretty good thing when they see it, appreciates culture, and is a hypersonic rocket-fueled self-starter. That same person feels comfortable representing Whalebone to brands and the agencies they work with, doesn’t mess with a bunch of negativity, and understands that success is a big old team effort. The money part includes; a handsome salary based on experience along with generous incentives and benefits with a company that is seeing double-digit growth year-on-year. We ask that they can check the following boxes:
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manages sales and revenue targets with the Whalebone sales team
- Consult, educate, strategize, and successfully sell Whalebone advertising/marketing programs through a high volume of sales calls and in-person meetings—strong communication and tenacity
- Hungry to win, but could also enjoy a pizza when needed
- Represent Whalebone in all major contracts and own critical long-term relationships
- Become an expert in Whalebone’s solutions, and adapt product recommendations quickly to suit client needs—asking probing questions and handling objections and execution will be critical to your success
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales goals and prepare a monthly sales report highlighting numbers/growth, and key learnings—including consistent management of the CRM platform
- Ability to quickly create contracts based upon clients’ goals and Whalebone’s offerings and subsequently close contracts in a timely manner
- Build and maintain new and existing client relationships with brands and their respective agencies
- Field incoming sales inquiries
- Continue to review Whalebone’s offerings, positioning, and packages to ensure we stay current with the changing media landscape and our dedication to not working with just anyone that wants to give us a dollar if they don’t match our values and approach (that last bit is important)
- Work with the creative and business development team on sales campaigns, direction, and timing to hit the required sales goals each month
- Cool with dogs and a little travel. You will not have to travel with dogs…unless preferred
- Competitive. And did we mention kills it at being a good human
- Adequate swimming abilities
- Minimum of 3–5 years of proven experience in print, experiential, and digital media sales or similar
- Strong understanding of the media landscape and command of these advertising spaces
- Creative strategy
- Existing network of contacts and working relationships with a wide range of relevant brands a plus (not mandatory)
- Ability to quote at length from The Office from memory
- Experience working with and integrating into high-performing sales and account management teams and a record of client delight
- A passion for Whalebone’s content staples: Travel, Music, Surfing, Food, Art, Lifestyle, Photography, and Film, as well as a general hunger for cool things
- An organized approach to daily tasks, considering work will sometimes be done from wherever you see fit, either in Montauk, NYC, or Bali…pretty much wherever you want to be based.
If this sounds like you, shoot us a note with “Hanzo Steel” in the subject line and your resume to email@example.com.
We look forward to high-fiving your dog.