My my, your big old computer or fancy internet phone has brought you here. Step 1. Complete. Step 2 is to read all the below information and decide if Step 3 is in the cards.
Whalebone Magazine Creative Intern Position
Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL
Dates: January–April 2019
What to Expect
- Tons of ass kicking
- Creative excellence—from you, from us, and always as a team
- Some amazingly boring and fantastically tedious design work (we’ve all been there)
- Working closely in assisting our Art Director
- Overdosing on high-fives
- Time travel, needed for staying ahead of current design trends
- Tight deadlines and quick thinking
Must have a solid working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, an eye for design and strange love for typography is a must. Creative interns work within the creative department under the direct supervision of our Art Director. Projects will include (but not be limited to): publication design (editorial and advertorial), concepting, production assistance, digital newsletter and email design, social media concepting and photography/retouching.
You Should Know Your Way Around
Adobe Creative Suite (esp. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
A Few Tips
- MUST have a portfolio (website or PDF under 5MB)—applicants without a portfolio will not be reviewed and will be publicly shamed
- No Word docs for resumes—PDF only
- Submit social handles
- Resumes without typos (resumes with typos are disqualified, sucka!)
- Resumes must showcase your type skills (be designed). Like, are you a human under it all?
The Nitty Gritty, Kitty
Start date: January 15, 2018
Office location: Jacksonville Beach
Must be available 2–3 days per week
This is an unpaid internship (but does include free lunches, beverages, and adventures)
Possibility to grow into paid role. PRO TIP: We like to do that.
Please send a well-designed resume with no typos, and portfolio samples (either URL or in one single PDF file under 5MB; no Dropbox links or JPEGs please) to firstname.lastname@example.org. That’s email@example.com.