Find Your Reconnect is a short film written and directed by David Garcia that seeks to remind city-laden surfers that the refresh button you don’t think you have time to push is only a 25 minute train ride. The beautifully shot minute-and-a-half clip follows a Manhattan-worn Billy Knapp as he hits the eject button and lands in Rockaway — finding all the space, solitude and waves needed to revitalize his mind.
“Billy & I were chillin at his Wall St. studio one night & he mentioned he wanted to snag some home video footage of his sunrise sessions out in Far Rockaway. The sessions are a solid escape from the city, a reconnect with nature, so it seemed natural to bring our over-tech lives into this piece & create more than a home video. My wife was close to giving birth, so I got the concept together quick, called in some favors & before we knew it we were having coffee & bagels in the lobby of Billy’s building around 3:45 AM in February.”
Filmed entirely in one day, including drone footage. Enjoy.
- Writer, Director – David M Garcia
- Starring – William Knapp
- Cinematographer – Eric Branco
- Drone Operator – Matt Roeger
- Sound Mixer – Frank Intorcia
- Editor – David M Garcia
- Color – Phil Choe, NiceShoes
- Head of Production – Ed Rilli, NiceShoes
- Senior Producer – TJ Sponzo, NiceShoes
- Music – Super Duper, “Revival” (MusicBed)
- Producer – David M Garcia