This article is a recruitment tool to tell you something we probably shouldn’t tell you about. The winters out east are actually pretty damn magical. Everything you can do in the summer, you can do here in the winter with approximately 99.99% less people around you. The beaches are empty, the bars are mellow, there’s no line at Goldberg’s and you can drive around town without pulling your hair out. It’s quiet. Really quiet. But honestly, that’s the best part.
To make it easier on you finding the East End’s last men standing, we put together a short list featuring a handful of businesses that still have their front doors unlocked and their welcome mats outside through the coming months: a few good restaurants to keep you from starving, a couple toasty bars with beer on tap and even a place or two offering some type or form of entertainment/activities to partake in.
And yes—a few businesses that should be on this list (i.e. Liar’s, IGA, Goldberg’s, Gurney’s) are not featured below. Likely because they don’t have internet service and/or didn’t see our email about being involved. If you own or work at one of these places and should be featured, drop us a line and we can get your winter operations info.
Open: 365 nights a year except for dining on Christmas Day
Address: 143 Main St, East Hampton, NY 11937 (map)
Contact: (631) 324-1770 or via www.1770house.com
Specials: $17.70 Tavern Thursdays, $35 3-courses by Chef Michael Rozzi from Sunday – Thursday, and 30% off high season Inn rates with exclusive East Hampton perks
A best time of year in the #Hamptons #1770house. New bookings now 1/3 of high season rates through 4/20 except holidays. Exclusive #easthampton discounts: @naturopathica @bookhampton @eileenfisherny @kamadevayoga @wolfferwine In-room treats: @hamptoncoffee @deandeluca @tatesbakeshop #northforkpotatochips #freshfruit @fretteofficial #fretteofficial Linen @moltonbrown Toiletries. Dining deals: #ChefMichaelRozzi Sunday – Thursday $35 3-courses & $17.70 Tavern Thursday. ?: @1770house
Open: Winter hours begin on 1/27. Breakfast: Sat & Sun 7:30-11am, Brunch: Sat & Sun 11am-3pm, Dinner: Thurs & Sun 5-9pm and Fri & Sat 5-10pm.
Address: 31 W. Water Street, Sag Harbor, NY 11963 (map)
Contact: (844) 227-6672 or via www.baronscove.com
- Enter promo code “WHALE” to receive a special discounted room rate during winter months
- Early Dining Menu: Thurs-Sun, 5-6pm
- Supper Club: Thursdays from 5-9pm
- Uncork Your Creativity – Paint & Sip: Feb 8, Mar 8 & Apr 5
A photo posted by Baron’s Cove (@baronscove) on
Open: Monday-Saturday, 7am-3pm. Closed Sunday.
Address: 732 Montauk Highway, Montauk, NY 11954 (map)
Contact: (631) 668-8206 or via www.blissmtk.com
Specials: Offered Monday-Friday
- $5 Breakfast Menu (includes choice of Sandwich/Breakfast Burrito and Medium Hampton Coffee)
- $8 Lunch Menu (includes choice of sandwich, soda/bottled water and Deep River Chips)
A photo posted by MAG (@maggie_quinlan) on
Open: 7 Days a week. Sunday 12-7pm, Monday- Thursday 10-7pm, Friday Saturday 10-8pm.
Address: 552 Westlake Dr Montauk, NY 11954 (map)
Contact: (631) 668-9463 or via www.finestkindwines.com
Specials: 20% of all Rosé + scatter specials on different wines
A photo posted by Charlene Beaudin Darenberg (@charbeau64) on
Open: Year-round from 9ish to 5ish unless the surf is up or when the call to the great outdoors is particularly strong.
Address: 11 Indian Wells Hwy, Amagansett, NY 11930
Contact: (631) 604-5290 or via www.grainsurfboards.com
Specials: 15-25% off surfboard building workshops with a flexible schedule. Also doing custom furniture and picture framing. Skateboard building workshops coming this spring!
A photo posted by Grain Surfboards NY (@grainsurfboards_ny) on
Open: Monday through Saturday beginning at 4pm, Sunday beginning at 10am for brunch. Open til late.
Address: 367 Three Mile Harbor, East Hampton, NY 11937 (map)
Contact: (631) 604-5290
Specials: Happy hour isMonday through Friday from 4-6pm including discounted drinks, bar menu items and complimentary corn fritters.
Tuesday Pasta Night. Every week, choice of pasta with clam sauce, meatballs, bolognese, or sausage, broccoli, garlic and olive oil, with a side of garlic bread, all for $17.
Wednesday Steak Night. Every week, 2-for-1 steaks. Choice of ribeye, flat iron or Salisbury steaks with a soup or salad to start, all for $36.
Highway Restaurant & Bar
Open: Open five nights a week 5-10pm, closed Tuesday and Wednesday. Brunch every Sunday from 11am to 3pm.
Address: 290 Montauk Highway East Hampton, NY 11937 (map)
Specials: Thursday Thai Night: 3 course authentic thai meal from Executive Chef Anand Sastry ($42)
A photo posted by Highway Restaurant & Bar (@highwayrestaurantandbar) on
Indian Wells Tavern
Open: Lunch and dinner served seven days a week from 11:30am to 10pm, bar is open late.
Address: 117 Main Street, Amagansett, NY 11930 (map)
Contact: (631) 267-0400 or via www.indianwellstavern.com
- Monday Burger, Brew & Wings Night ($25) — Tavern burger with fries, half-dozen buffalo wings and a draft beer
- Tuesday Night Special ($32) — Includes choice of appetizer, soup or salad, entrée and a glass of house wine or draft beer
- Wednesday Fajita Night ($21) — Choice of steak, chicken or vegetable fajita with all the fixins. Discount margaritas are also available.
- Thursday Prime Rib Night ($29) — Soup or salad, prime rib, baked potato and vegetables
- Happy Hour: Monday-Friday at the bar (4-6pm) — Reduced price drinks & and bar menu. Dine-in only.
- Thursdays & Sundays — 1/2 priced bottle of wine when ordering an entree during dinner
A photo posted by Indian Wells Tavern (@indianwellstavern) on
Open: Labor Day through Memorial Day, open Wednesday-Sunday. Sunday, Wed, Thurs hours: 11:30am – 8pm. Friday & Saturday hours: 11:30am – 9pm.
Address: 74 Montauk Highway, Amagansett, NY (map)
Contact: (631) 267-8800 or via www.lafondita.net
- Wednesday: Tacos Rancheros $13, Tacos de Tinga $12.50, Quesadillas de Tinga $12.50, Tostada de Tinga $9
- Thursday: Barbacoa de Res Tacos $13, Platillo $15.50
- Friday: Fajitas de pollo o carne $14.50 or burrito style $9.50
- Saturday: Tacos de Carne Asada $12.50, Posole Rojo $4.50 small/$9 large
A photo posted by La Fondita (@lafondita_amg) on
Left Hand Coffee
Open: On weekends—from 9am until 2pm on Fridays and Sat-Sun from 9am until 3pm.
Address: 83 S Elmwood Ave Montauk, NY 11954 (map)
Specials: 10% off to whoever mentions the article.
A photo posted by Left Hand Coffee (@lefthandcoffee) on
Montauk Brew Co.
Open: Saturday 12 7pm, Sunday 12-6pm, Monday 2-6pm, Thursday 2-6pm, Friday 2-6pm. Hours may differ if you’re affiliated with Whalebone or Charlie Weimar.
Address: 62 S Erie Ave, Montauk, NY 11954 (map)
A photo posted by Montauk Brewing Co. (@montaukbrewco) on
Montauk Salt Cave
Open: Thursday-Monday from 10am-6pm
Address: 552 West Lake Drive Montauk, New York 11954 (map)
Contact: (631) 668-7258 or via www.montauksaltcave.com
Specials: Yoga, Reiki sessions, Guided Meditation workshops and other awesome additions to regular cave sessions can be found via the Salt Cave Facebook page.
Open: Open 7 days a week. Monday-Saturday 7am – 5pm, Sunday 7:30am – 4:30pm
Address: 779 Montauk Highway, Montauk, NY 11954 (map)
Contact: (631) 668-9030 or via www.naturallygoodcafe.com
Specials: Delicious and nutritious food served every day!
A photo posted by ᑎᗩTᑌᖇᗩᒪᒪY GOOᗪ ᖴOOᗪᔕ & ᑕᗩᖴE (@natgoodmtk) on
Nick & Toni’s
Open: Labor Day through Memorial Day, Wednesday-Monday 6-10pm. Also open for Sunday Brunch (only in the off-season, not offered in the summer) from 11:30am – 2:30pm.
Address: 136 N. Main Street East Hampton, NY 11937 (map)
Contact: (631) 324-3550 or via www.nickandtonis.com
Specials: Happy hour every Monday through Friday from 5:30pm to 6:30pm and Sundays from 2:30pm to 6:30pm. During Happy Hour, a sommelier-selected glass of wine will be offered for $8; select cocktails will be half price including the Meyer Lemon Cosmo, Seasonal ‘Rita and the Spanish G&T; and a Rotating Bottled Brew will be available for $6. A select bar menu of small plates will be available.
Pizza Menu (Available Sunday through Thursday only)
- Classic Margherita, Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato, Basil ($17)
- Barbabietole, Local Beets, Fresh Ricotta, Honey, Saba ($18)
- Picante, Soppressata, Provolone, Hot Peppers, Fresh Mozzarella ($18)
- Salmone, Sliced Smoked Salmon, Mascarpone, Red Onion, Capers ($21)
- Prosciutto, Prosciutto di San Daniele, Yukon Potatoes, Fontina, Arugula ($19)
*Pizza selection changes throughout season
Our Pizza Master @rugg007 says this is the best he’s ever made. Quite a statement; Topped with Merguez Sausage, Mint Pesto, Caramelized Onions, Fontina Cheese and Crispy Kale – it’s True! This Pizza is a Winner ??#NickandTonis #NTBrunch #BestPizza #winner
A photo posted by Nick & Toni’s (@nickandtonis) on
Open: Seven days a week, serving lunch from 12 – 3:30pm; midday menu from 3:30-5pm; dinner from Sunday through Thursday from 5-10pm and Friday and Saturday from 5-11pm.
Address: 10 Main Street in the Parrish Mews, East Hampton, NY 11937 (map)
Contact: (631) 324-8555 or via www.rowdyhall.com
Dinner & a Movie: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
- Burger & a Movie Voucher: Rowdy Burger or Turkey Burger and a Regal Cinema Voucher ($22)
- Add a pint of selected beer ($6), glass of selected wine ($7), and/or special dessert ($7)
Dinner & a Movie: Thursday
- Dinner & a Movie Voucher: Choice of Rowdy Burger or Turkey Burger, Fish & Chips, Meatloaf or Mussels and a Regal Cinema Voucher ($22)
- Add a pint of selected beer ($6), glass of selected wine ($7), and/or special dessert ($7)
* Note: Vegetarian option is always an option (choice of either Vegetarian Lasagna or Vegetarian Chili)
A photo posted by Rowdy Hall (@rowdyhalleh) on
Open: Thursdays 5-9pm, Fridays & Saturdays 5-10pm, Sunday Brunch 11-4pm (schedule expanding in April)
Address: 17 South Edison Street Montauk, NY 11954 (map)
Specials: Thursdays $25 Prix Fixe menu and all night happy hour, Sundays 1/2 price oysters and happy hour all day
Open: Labor Day through Memorial Day, Thursday–Monday 11:30am to 9pm.
Address: 3593 Townline Road, Sagaponack, NY (map)
Contact: (631) 537-2271 or via www.townlinebbq.com
Specials: Available Thursday and Friday from 3-8pm, and Saturday, Sunday and Monday all day. These specials are only available at the bar. Also free pool is offered during happy hour, as well as free popcorn and peanuts. Happy hour deals include:
- $2 off pints, $7 off pitchers
- $3 Lone Star Longneck bottles
- $4 12 oz cans of beer
- $5 16 oz cans of beer
- $5 pickle-back & Maestro Dobel tequila shots
- $6 cocktails of the day
- $7 cocktail on draft
- $8 fresh lime margaritas
- $2.50 hush puppies with chipotle mayo (6 pcs)
- $3 warm pretzels with mustard (2 pcs)
- $4 wings, 6 per order – choose your style: TL Original, Southfork, Ain’t No Tang, Foo-Man-Lou, Dry Bones, Naked, Habmercy, Sweet n Sassy
A photo posted by TownLine BBQ (@townlinebbq) on
Open: Open year-round with classes daily. View schedule online at yogalilamontauk.com.
Address: 12 South Etna Ave Montauk, NY 19954 (map)
Specials: In-studio 60 minute private lessons for $100 (1-2 people) and 25% OFF all shirts & hoodies!
What a fun class today @ #yogalila! Thank you all who came and shared your light and energy, and who sweat their ❤️ out! I’m grateful for community, practice, love, light, and SO MUCH MORE! I feel #transformation in the air! ??❤️ #montauk #yoga #montaukyoga #thanksgivingpractice #yogakills #sweatlife #burnthroughit #gratitude
A photo posted by Dominique?Olivia?Garstin (@yogaliladom) on